Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lovely customer Kevin

So, today, I had the wonderful pleasure of talking to a very sweet man named Kevin. He found me first on Yelp and then made his way to my blog. He was such a doll and gave us an order for his lady. He took the time to describe her: warm, big hearted, eclectic, natural, funny....and important.I like that he said that.His card message to her was beautiful and made me realize, yet again, why I love my job. I think there is nothing in the world like receiving a well- made,thoughtful and beautiful arrangement. I hope he doesn't mind that I'm writing about him. Sometimes my customers touch my heart and really it doesn't matter what they spend, I want to make it beautiful for them. They deserve that.

I think more people should just learn to be kind. I worked for a very well known shop in the area and in 5 years of being there, only had 3 complaints about me. However, those 3 hurt. Always during the holiday season when I was stressed and rushed. All were not our regular customers, just people who use a florist on the holidays only.Mostly they griped because and I quote"I was being a bitch" or something in that vein. I can be a bitch but not too my customers.I might not be my usually gloriously, happy, relaxed self during a major holiday, but I really do try.But more on that subject another time.

  I think the average consumer has no idea how hectic a major floral holiday is.With mother's day looming around the corner a few words of advice friends: Give your florist a little notice, a little patience and A LOT of freedom if you trust them. And be realistic with your budget. We are hard workers and get paid very little for the art we create. We want nothing more than to make you happy. Our work is, after all, and expression of our talents, designed on demand and delivered in mere minutes and often the same day. It is a craft most of us fall into because we are artists and creative people. This isn't Starbucks and it's definitely not corporate.We stand long hours, often in the freezing cold and love every minute of it. But...we don't like overly fussy customers, those who are rude, demanding or cheap. And by cheap I mean expecting a Rolls Royce for the price of a Chevelle. If you can't afford a huge bouquet give her one exquisite blossom. Don't take it out on us. They are just flowers after all.

But Back to Mr. Kevin, kind gentleman that he was.Here's what his lucky lady received :
initial design
I added the fresh lavender from our cutting containers at the last minute just because:)

No comments:

Post a Comment